Drive more sales with inspired shopping.
How It Works
Pinterest is where shoppers come to discover new brands and decide what to buy next.
Over 360 million people worldwide visit Pinterest each month to help them plan and visualize their next purchases.
The Fox Digital Difference
Whether the goal is to raise awareness, drive traffic, or motivate an online or offline action, Fox Digital can help navigate effective solutions on Pinterest that are right for your brand.
1. Audit and Analysis
2. Creative Testing
3. Audience Targeting
Pinterest Advertising Agency
Drive more sales with inspired shopping on Pinterest! If you haven’t been advertising on Pinterest, instead focusing your efforts on bigger yet more expensive platforms like Facebook and Instagram, you may want to reconsider your approach. This is because Pinterest can be an extremely effective advertising platform for brands looking to target a set demographic with intriguing products. That being said, standing out on a platform filled with high-quality creative content and tailored images can be a huge challenge. However, with the help of a Pinterest advertising agency, you can take full advantage of this platform and everything it has to offer.
How It Works
It’s understandable that you may not be as familiar with Pinterest as a platform. Although Pinterest has fewer users than some of the other big social media platforms, Pinterest is where shoppers come to discover new brands and decide what to buy next. As a result, if you’re looking to impact people’s buying choices, then you need to be advertising on Pinterest. Despite relatively “low” user numbers, over 360 million people worldwide visit Pinterest each month to help them plan and visualize their next purchases. But what does this actually look like in practice?
Pinterest describes itself as a “visual discovery engine” that allows you to search for “Pins” spanning a variety of different areas, for example home decor, crafting, cooking recipes, fashion, and more. You can then save these Pins to Boards that you create, name, and organize based on the categories you choose. For example, say you’re looking to redesign your living room. You can search for “living room decor” with your chosen style such as modern, minimalist, classic, mid-century modern, etc. From there, you can scroll through the different Pins as inspiration and save them to your Board for easy access.
While that’s one aspect of Pinterest, shoppable Pins are a newer aspect of this burgeoning platform. This feature allows you to effectively post your products as Pins that can then take potential customers directly to your website to purchase. This feature is extremely effective on Pinterest as shopping is a top priority for 48% of Pinterest users. Furthermore, Pinterest has seen more than 2.5 times more shoppable Pins in 2020 compared to 2019. Most convincingly, 83% of weekly Pinterest users have made a purchase based on their app activity with 50% making a purchase after seeing a promoted Pin that aligned with their interests.
These numbers alone set Pinterest apart from other social media platforms where users aren’t necessarily looking to make a purchase. Instead, they are looking to keep up and communicate with friends and family.
Pinterest Advertising Goals
When advertising on Pinterest, you need to first choose your overall goal in order to achieve the best possible results. When it comes to advertising on this platform, there are three different goals to choose from:
- Building brand awareness: This is a great goal if you’re just getting into advertising or if you’re a newly-established brand. People aren’t likely to immediately purchase a product from a company they know nothing about. Instead, you first have to build brand awareness to inform your target audience about what your brand offers and why you’re better than the competition. Through this process, you’re able to build trust with your audience and become a brand that they will want to purchase from.
- Boosting engagement: In addition to having trust and awareness, you also need to have engagement. It’s simply not enough to earn views or followers on social media — people need to be actively engaging with your brand. This is because highly engaged customers will be more loyal to your brand and buy more products as a result. With high levels of engagement, you can continue building and strengthening your relationship with your customer base.
- Increasing web traffic: The third and final Pinterest advertising goal involves increasing web traffic by presenting your audience with a clear call to action. Perhaps you present them with one of your best-selling products that’s been newly restocked.
The Fox Digital Difference
Whether the goal is to raise awareness, drive traffic, or motivate an online or offline action, Fox can help navigate effective solutions on Pinterest that are right for your brand. Fox Digital is a best-in-class performance marketing agency that scales brands with cross-channel, data-driven creative. Our clients have seen an average of a 421% increase in revenue after just six months of working with us.
No matter your goals or perceived restrictions, Fox can work with you to create the right content and get it in front of the right people.
- Audit and analysis: Provides us with a comprehensive understanding of your industry, brand, and current advertising practices. Helps us develop a cohesive strategy that blends well with past content and content on other platforms. We are able to see what is working compared to what is not working so that we can come up with the best path forward for your brand.
- Robust creative development: If creativity isn’t your strong suit, this is where our help can really be invaluable. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter how amazing your Pinterest advertising strategy is, if you don’t combine an amazing strategy with meaningful content, you’re not going to be successful. Thankfully, we here at Fox Digital are able to develop eye-catching advertisements that are going to help your brand stand out on Pinterest.
- Targeting testing: Furthermore, if you have great content but don’t put it in the right places, you’re not going to see results. Even though Pinterest does cater to a more homogenous group of people when compared with other platforms, targeting is still vital on this platform. With Fox, we will help test different targeting formulas to ensure that you’re reaching the best people with the best possible content.
- Optimize: Despite all this work and testing on the front end, sometimes adjustments are needed throughout the life of a Pinterest advertising campaign in order to achieve the best possible results. We cover all of this for you so you don’t have to worry about monitoring a campaign and tweaking it yourself. FoxDigital understands the delicate balance between patience and inefficiency when it comes to Pinterest advertising — as a result, we can help you achieve the best bang for your buck on this platform.
- Scale: Finally, FoxDigital will help you scale your Pinterest advertisements once they have been proven successful and effective. We can help you invest your money in the right places so that you can continue to see amazing results on this platform.
Instead of relying on Pinterest as a remarketing and retention platform, we wanted to ensure Pinterest would push top of funnel traffic that would convert. In order to do this, we utilized creative that was performing well on other platforms, like Facebook and Instagram. We optimized those top performing ads by following creative best practices on Pinterest, such as using high quality visual images, adding a clear call to action, building into a 2:3 aspect ratio, and adding a logo on every Pin for subtle branding.
We achieved amazing results for the outdoor brand while employing this strategy. The outdoor brand experienced more than six million impressions throughout the platform. They enjoyed a return on ad spend of 4.43. They also saw an affordable CPM of $7.01.
FoxDigital as Your Pinterest Advertising Agency
Tackling Pinterest advertising on your own can seem overwhelming and ineffective. However, with the right partnership, you can take full advantage of this incredible platform and reach your target audience in their preferred environment. FoxDigital is the leading DTC agency with the most proven success stories — we have helped our clients scale and reach their goals and we can help you too! But we aren’t just all talk, reach out to us today for a complimentary consultation so that we can outline exactly how we can help you grow your business.